Home > My Biggest Influence Writing Competition
My Biggest Influence
Writing Competition Spring 2013
1st prize: a £75 gift voucher at any UK store, and your story published in our next newsletter and on the website.
Five runners-up prizes of Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal? by Jeanette Winterson (World Book Night edition) and your story published on the website.
Closing date: Friday 10 May, 11.30pm
Who or what has been the biggest influence in your life? A parent, a friend, an organisation? How has your life been different as a result? Max length: 800 words. Post or email your entry.
We are looking for stories about someone or something that has influenced your life in a significant way. Was their influence for better or worse? We are looking for good writing, but most of all, we are looking for great stories.
Example: Julia — A Teacher to Remember by Anna Foster
HOW TO ENTER
- Entrants may submit one entry only
- Length may be 800 words or shorter
- Entries must be received by Friday 10 May 2013, 11.30pm. Winners will be notified by Friday, 24th May.
ENTRIES MAY BE SUBMITTED ONLINE OR BY POST
- Email entries to email@example.com with Writing Competition Spring 2013 in the subject line, followed by your surname, eg. 'Writing Competition Spring 2013 Taylor'.
- Include your contact details, including a telephone number, in the body of the email.
- Post entries to YouByYou Books, Swallow Court, High Halden Road, Biddenden, Kent TN27 8BD.
- Entries will not be returned unless a stamped, addressed SAE is included.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Entries must be previously unpublished, and not entered in any other competitions.
- Copyright remains with the entrant, although submission will be taken as acceptance that entries may be published in YouByYou's newsletter and on this website.
- Entrants must be 16 or over.
- The judges' decision is final. No discussion will be entered into.
- YouByYou Books will not reproduce entries in any other publishing format.
- There is no cash alternative to the prizes.
- YouByYou Books will not pass on your contact details to any other party.