Biddenden in Pictures Today
Wanted — your photographs!
In 2010 YouByYou Books published Biddenden in Pictures, in aid of Biddenden Local History Society. We think it's time for an update! There have been many changes in the village and some energetic new projects have taken place. We hope that the new book will reflect this current activity as well as celebrating the village's enduring qualities.
We plan to publish Biddenden in Pictures Today in the autumn. We're looking for interesting, well composed, high resolution pictures, across a broad range of subjects.
Examples of subjects are listed at the bottom of the page, but we're open to your suggestions too.
This isn't a competition, but the number of pictures we include will depend on how many we receive. Photographs will be selected on editorial merit.
Photographs should be taken in the last five years and, where relevant, give an approximate date.
Initially, you may submit up to three photographs, each sent in separate emails. We may request more photographs in specific subject categories at a later date.
To submit a photograph, please follow these instructions:
- Photographs should be high resolution JPEGs (pictures from your phone are fine). They can be in colour, or black and white.
- Attach photographs in an email to email@example.com
- In the Subject line of the email put BiPT, followed by the title of the picture.
- In the body of the email, write a caption, from 1 — 250 words.
- For sports pictures, include the names of the team/participants.
- Be sure to include your name as you would like it to appear as a picture credit.
Biddenden in Pictures Today will be sold in aid of Biddenden Local History Society.
Subjects: the High Street, All Saint's Church, the village hall, village shops and businesses, village groups, sports teams, sports activities, rural activities, the Poppy Project 2018, Tractorfest, the Millennium Field, eateries and pubs, houses and gardens, high days and holidays (Easter Dole, Hallowe'en, Christmas lights) and, of course, beautiful pictures of sunsets, interesting skies, nature and animals as seen around the village.
Updates will be posted here, on Biddenden Community Facebook page, around the village and in the Parish magazine.